Is It Worth Buying A Demo Bike?
Demo bikes are used for showing the features of a product or service. They are also known as show bikes. A bike shop usually buys these bikes before they launch their products. The primary purpose of purchasing a demo bike is to test the quality of the product and its durability.
Demo bikes are beneficial for both small and big businesses. Bike shops use demo bikes to sell their products and services. Big companies use demo bikes to promote their products and services.
Demo bikes come in various sizes and shapes. Some of the most common types of demo bikes include:
• Showroom bikes – This type of bike is used to display the features of a product.
• Test ride bikes – This type of bike is used to test the performance of a product.
Demo bikes can be purchased online. Online stores offer demo bikes at discounted prices and unbeatable prices. However, certain factors should be considered in your bike purchase.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Demo Bike
1. Brand Name – The brand name of the bike plays an essential role in determining whether you will like it or not. Choosing a bike with a well-known brand is advisable because this will increase your chances of getting good customer support if anything goes wrong and keep you away from lousy demo bike deals.
2. Size – You need to consider the size of the bike when choosing one. If you have never ridden a bike before, it might be challenging to determine which size would suit you best. In such cases, it is better to go for larger bikes to get used to riding them.
3. Shape – Different models of demo bikes come in different shapes. For example, some of the popular shapes include:
- Road bike – This shape is suitable for people who want to commute on the road.
- Mountain bikes – This bike is ideal for those who love to travel through hilly areas.
- Hybrid bikes – This bike combines the advantages of both road and mountain bikes.
- BMX bikes – This bike is designed specifically for kids.
- Freestyle bikes – This bike has a unique design that allows riders to perform tricks.
4. Features – Many features make a specialized demo bike. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Suspension system – This feature makes the bike comfortable to ride.
- Brakes – This feature helps the rider stop safely.
- Gear shifters – This feature enables the user to change gears quickly.
- Lights – This feature ensures safety during night rides.
- Tire pressure monitoring system – This feature monitors tire pressures and alerts the user if any problem arises.
5. Price – Another factor determining whether you will buy a particular bike model is price. You can save money by buying a bike from an online store that discounts its original sticker price.
6. Warranty – Most companies give warranties for their bikes. Therefore, it is always advisable to check what kind of warranty the company offers.
7. Maintenance – Demo trail bikes require regular maintenance. Make sure that you take care of these things regularly to last longer.
8. Customer service – Always remember to ask about customer service before buying a bike. Many companies provide excellent customer service. Also, look out for reviews left by previous customers.
9. Availability – Do not forget to check the availability of bikes. Some companies do not stock all types of bikes. Therefore, you may have to wait for a long time before getting your hands on the desired model.
10. Shipping – Check the shipping charges for bikes. These charges vary depending on the type of bike.
11. Return policy – Always read the return policy before making a purchase. Some companies allow returns only within a specific period.
12. Safety – When purchasing a bike, ensure that it is safe to use. Look at the brakes, tires, etc.
13. Accessories – Some previous demo bike comes with accessories. However, you should check whether the accessories provided are helpful or not.
14. Brand reputation – Before buying a demo bike, find out how well known the brand is. Ask friends and family members about the brand.
15. Reputation – Always check the seller’s reputation before buying a demo bike from them.
16. Reviews – Read reviews left by other buyers. If possible, visit the seller’s website and see how satisfied previous customers were with the product.
17. Returns – Always check the terms and conditions for returns before purchasing.
18. Warranty – The warranty given by the seller is another important consideration while choosing a demo bike.
19. Warranty length – Choose a demo bike whose warranty lasts as long as possible.
20. Warranty coverage – A good warranty covers almost everything except the parts which wear out due to normal usage.
Buying a demo bike is a great way to test drive a new bicycle without spending much money. It is also a brilliant idea to try out different models of bicycles before deciding on one. So, go ahead and make the best choice!