- 1 Best Electric Mountain Bike
- 2 Our Top Model! – The Shengmilo MX02S Electric Bicycle
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
- 6 Eggshell Home Electrical Bike – Number Two
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Pros
- 9 Cons
- 10 ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike – Number Three
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 Pros
- 13 Cons
- 14 Hitway 26 inch Wheel E-bike – Number Four
- 15 Conclusion
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
- 18 BIKFUN Electric Bicycle Mountain – Number Five
- 19 Conclusion
- 20 Pros
- 21 Cons
- 22 Oppikle 26” Electric Mountain Bike – Number Six
- 23 Conclusion
- 24 Pros
- 25 Cons
- 26 The Final Judgement – Which Is The Best Electric Mountain Bike?
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Electric Mountain Bike Is The Shengmilo MX02S!
Best Electric Mountain Bike
Mountain electric bikes perform pretty similar to other e-bike models, they just differ in their frame which tends to have wider handlebars, they also come with a more powerful motor and stronger tyres for going off trail.
Electric bicycles can give you that extra boost when you’re on difficult terrains, followed with a double suspension that ensures comfort on even the bumpiest of trails.
It can all be a little overwhelming, so we have put together a list of the best electric mountain bikes below and compared them, so we can help you make a decision.
Our Top Model! – The Shengmilo MX02S Electric Bicycle
This Shengmilo best bike electric wise comes with a 1000 watt motor and a 48V battery which give speeds of up to 40 km per hour and a range of 50 km distance. It can also be charged within 6-8 hours and has a speed limit option for the motor.
The fat tyres on this best electric mountain bike measure at 4 inches wide with a 26 inch height allowing you ride in all weather conditions such as snow.
A powerful mountain bicycle which can tackle any kind of steep terrain with ease, its features make it a reliable model to take mountain biking in all kinds of conditions and can compete with specialized turbo bicycles easily. However this bicycle electric wise is above the UK motor allowance, its also very expensive but worth it if you want to invest in a high-powered mountain bike.
- Great range and high power with 35 degree gradability allowing you to handle steep terrains with confidence.
- Durable and comfortable features give you balance so you can ride this bicycle smoothly.
- Fat tyres can tackle any kind of trail.
- Battery takes a while to charge and is very expensive in comparison with other electric mountain bikes.
Eggshell Home Electrical Bike – Number Two
Its ergonomic design boasts some durable features such as its adjustable seat and anti-wear 26 inch tyres. Assistance wise it comes with three working modes and can reach speeds of up to 35 km per hour at a 30 degree gradability, meaning it can tackle steep hills with no issues.
Notable features of this best model are its dual disc brakes and 35 speed Shimano transmission system, it also has a cushioning front suspension fork and rear shock absorbers for extra comfort on bumpy trails.
Without a doubt one of the best mountain bikes on our list due to its power and range, its 35 speed transmission system offers so much control and 30 degree gradability allows you to ride with confidence. Downfalls are its lack of ratings, but other than that it is an all round solid mountain bike.
- Suspension and rear shock absorbers allows for extra comfort on harder trails.
- 30 degree gradability allows you to tackle hills, along with its 35 speed transmission system offering more control than other bikes on our list.
- Very affordable and high value for money considering the features it comes with.
- Lack of ratings.
“You should make sure your best mountain biking model has double suspension as you will need the extra comfort if you are planning to take you bike on some off-road trails”
ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike – Number Three
The design of this e bike offers comfort when riding harsher terrains due to its dual suspension, shock absorbing front fork, and foldable lightweight frame. Assistance wise it also offers three working modes with the ability to add speed with its throttle.
This best electric mountain bicycle also offers dual disc brakes, a 26 inch wheel size and a 21 speed Shimano transmission system. There is a headlamp and horn included on this bicycle too.
A very affordable and reliable Ancheer mountain bike, has a UK legal motor and can cope with harsh terrains well due to its rear shock absorbers and suspension, however this mountain bikes model does lack the torque for tackling large hills and complicated terrains.
- Very affordable e-bicycle with UK legal motor and good range.
- Has durable suspension and shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride.
- Three modes of assistance.
- Uses high quality Shimano Steps transmission.
- Foldable frame which is useful for storing.
- May lack torque power in comparison with other e-bicycle models.
- Could struggle with steep gradients.
“If you are looking to do downhill mountain biking then you should consider a high quality electric bicycle such as the specialized Turbo Kenevo model, this can allow you to tackle downhill terrains easily due to its specialized turbo Kenevo geometry and steeper seat tube angle.”
Hitway 26 inch Wheel E-bike – Number Four
The Hitway model has a similar set up to the Ancheer bike and is sold at a very reasonable price. Its powered by a 250 watt motor and a 36V battery which can give range of 40 km. The battery is also removable and the frame can be folded for easy storage.
Its high front suspension fork combined with its durable structure make it ideal for using on difficult terrains, it also comes with dual disc brakes, a Shimano 7 gear transmission system and a 26 inch wheel size.
Assistance of this motor comes in three different modes with added support from its throttle. It comes with a shifting lever and rear derailleur for easy use.
Very good value for money and similar to the Ancheer model in terms of its features. Its design and frame make it suitable for using off-road but this model does only come with a 7 speed transmission system in comparison to Ancheer’s model that comes with a 21 speed transmission system for a similar price.
- Folding ability for storage.
- Has good suspension and large wheels that give extra comfort on bumpy roads.
- Very affordable.
- Small amount of gears in comparison to other bikes.
- Lower quality design and rating.
- May struggle on hilly areas.
BIKFUN Electric Bicycle Mountain – Number Five
The Bikfun best mountain bike is ran via a 250 watt motor combined with a 36V battery and can give a range of up to 50 km with speeds of up to 25 km per hour. The battery can be charged in just 4-6 hours and is removable.
Design wise it has a durable foldable frame with adjustable handlebars and seat, along with a carbon steel front fork, dual disc brakes and a Shimano steps 7 gear transmission system. This frame also has a double front and rear suspension with a wheel size of 20 inches.
The bike’s assistance comes in three different modes to choose from when trail riding.
- UK legal motor with good battery range and quick charging time.
- Well rated from customers and has rear suspension for better comfort.
- Has three different assistance modes to choose from.
- Affordable and good value for money when compared to other electric mountain bikes.
- Small wheel size.
- Lack of power and quality, may not handle complicated trails as well as other bikes on our list.
Oppikle 26” Electric Mountain Bike – Number Six
This folding Oppikle best electric bike is powered via 250 watt UK legal motor and 36V battery that can give a range of up to 30 miles with a 15mph speed. Its battery is also removable which is useful if you want to get a spare.
It’s also comes with dual disc brakes, alloy double walled rims with a 26 inch wheel size and a 21 speed shifter system. Three modes are included with this model for assistance, with the addition to add speed from its throttle.
As a best mountain bike this model performs well with its features and ergonomic design, its also very affordable and within the UK motor allowance, on the other hand it lacks power and range, meaning it wouldn’t be good for complicated long distance biking.
- UK legal motor with decent features that allows you to have comfort on bumpier terrains.
- Three different assistance modes and a 21 speed shifter for better control.
- Very affordable and good value for money, would be good to use for short medium difficulty adventures.
- May not cope well with steep gradients compared to a specialized turbo model.
- Lacks range.
- More suited to road terrain and short easy adventures.
“Did you know that electric mountain biking can give you a serious workout for your upper body? Tackling complicated and uneven terrains build up upper arm muscle easily.”
The Final Judgement – Which Is The Best Electric Mountain Bike?
Last on our list is the folding Opikkle e-bike due to its low range and lack of features which makes it less suitable for mountain biking than other electric mountain bikes on our list.
You may also like some of our other reviews;
- Decathlon Ebike Review
- Gtech Ebike Review
- Grenade Ebike Review
- Carrera Crossfire Ebike Review
- Carrera Vulcan Ebike Review
- Carrera Vengeance Ebike Review
- Carrera Crossfire 2 Ebike Review
- Best Ebike Batteries
- Best Ebike For Long Distances
- Best Ebike With Power For Hills
- Best Budget Hybrid Bike
- Best Womens Electric Bike
- Best Affordable Electric Bike
- Best Ebike Conversion Kits
- Best Ebikes
Last Updated on March 20, 2023 by Sammy